Settrington station was one of the quietest on the line and was the only station where passenger revenue exceeded freight revenue. The station building was gradually improved through the 19th century and in 1894 a new single storey block was built on the north end of the station building which housed the booking office/waiting room, ladies waiting room and ladies toilet. At about the same time a new higher platform was built, this was added to the south end of the original platform.
The small goods yard which was sited opposite the passenger platform comprised two sidings, one serving coal drops. The station had no loading dock, a movable ramp being used to load livestock. Access to the sidings was controlled by a ground frame on the platform. The station also had a weighbridge and weigh office.
A private siding served the Settrington Limeworks but this was taken out of use in 1908 as production had ceased some years earlier. Apart from coal, the main freight handled at Settrington was barley.
Our thanks to Nick Catford of the excellent Disused Stations website for permission to reproduce this information.