A brief look at some important dates for the Malton and Driffield Junction Railway. A more detailed history can be read here.
1845 First meeting of the provisional board in Malton.
1846 The first M&DR Bill is passed through Parliament.
1853 Opening train on both the T&MR & M&DR on 19th May. Public service commenced on 1st June.
1854 M&DR becomes part of the NER.
1902 Services reach their peak.
Peak services consist of four return passenger trains and four return paths for goods per day.
1920 The Wharram chalk trains for Teesside service began.
1950 Passenger service withdrawn.
1955 Burdale quarry closure.
1958 Final closure.
2008 The Yorkshire Wolds Railway Restoration Project is formed.