Some bridges have survived, some have not

Somewhere to discuss existing or historical buildings/structures etc on the line
AlanL

Re: Some bridges have survived, some have not

Post by AlanL »

Definitely - especially doing the simulator. At the moment I have moved my attention to Malton and am desperately searching for more photos. BTW the NER actually had detailed line diagrams of every line showing exact positions of mileposts etc and these occasionally surface at auction, usually for high prices. I remember one turned up at the Malton auction for the Waskerley branch and it had been used by BR as a guide for the scrapmen so it had pencilled notes beside the bridges saying "take out" and "leave in"! When I walked the Stainmore Line in 1996 one of the bridges actually has "Leave In" on the side in fading yellow paint,
AlanL

Post by AlanL »

Regarding the "Railway Record" I have received an e-mail and been told that they do not have the NER Line Diagram for the M&DR. However they have decided to put it on top priority and the guy will keep me posted in future.I have already linked them to MikeE's photos here.
AJHood
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Post by AJHood »

ryedale lad wrote:Bridge 2 looking towards Settrington C1995
do you know of the condition of this bridge today? or pictures?
dodger
Are you human?: No

Post by dodger »

Passing along the burdale road the other day, I noticed a builders van parked up at one of the old remains of some bridge abutmants, just along from the spot were the landowner has breached the old trackbed with an access road, anyway it looked to me as if he was engaged in pointing up of the old brickwork, this begs the question why ?, if I hadnt been in a hurry I was going to go have a word with the guy and see what the crack was, but didnt get the chance, anyone any ideas ?
Richard Bond - willing volunteer
dodger
Are you human?: No

Post by dodger »

Oh !! :oops: . . . . . . thanks Ric
Richard Bond - willing volunteer