Contact a Committee Member!

Membership, Media and Archive Director

Contact a Committee Member!

Post by 4008 »

Your committee are always keen to hear from anyone with comments on any aspect of what we are trying to achieve with the Yorkshire Wolds Railway.

Be it site related, wanting to volunteer, donate an artefact, or discuss a sponsorship package - we would very much like to hear from you!

You can do so by following the link below:

http://www.yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk/contact/
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
donnyrover
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Re: Contact a Committee Member!

Post by donnyrover »

Great to see photo's have been uplifted, at least members can now put faces and names together to committee positions.
Brian B.
repton
Paid up Member

Post by repton »

Thank you to the committee for sorting this, I think it is important that all members (and especially new ones) can see who is who at the top of our organisation.

Paul
repton
Paid up Member

Post by repton »

I think the contact page might need updating...

Paul
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

Thanks Paul - yes it does!

I just need our IT wizz to assign the new email address, and then I can update accordingly.
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
dairycoates

Post by dairycoates »

In the current issue No. 482 of Steam Railway, (Jul-Aug) there is a very interesting article on page 100-101 about running a professional Railway. Under the sub-paragraph "Time To Act" it goes into great detail about Acts of Parliament under which the original railway was built, It can always be used as a railway, even if disused for years. This could be worth looking into as it could have far reaching benefits to the Yorkshire Wolds Railway. I have a copy if anyone would like to see it. :?:

Robert Deans alias dairycoates
Rail Rover
Finance and Legal Director
Are you human?: No

Post by Rail Rover »

Thanks for that Robert.

It’s an angle we’re looking at although there are different views as regards more recent legislation, highways & ORR statements, especially with regard to Level Crossings.

I’ll get a copy.
Phil Robson
Finance and Legal Director
dairycoates

Post by dairycoates »

Notice on Facebook today from Hull Railway Group. The signalling from Melton Lane to Gilberdyke is due to start on 26.11.18.

Robert Deans
eyersey468
Paid up Member

Post by eyersey468 »

I've no idea how to go about doing this but would it be worth seeing if we could get some or all of the signalling equipment that's being taken from Melton to Gilberdyke? I know we don't need it right now but it might be useful for the future.
Sam Eyers
chalkie
Paid up Member

Post by chalkie »

in general what will happen is

the redundant equipment will be firstly picked over by the local maintainers for future use in the area and any items that dont end up in a skip would then be put out for the redundant assets tendering process to be bid for. we are on this list so if any of this equipment comes into this process we can bid for it. As it stands the railway has been quite proactive in the aquisition of materials and equipment that was seen to be needed for the future and has a fair store of bits in a lock up off site, we will keep adding to this store so a stock of items for use and for maintainance can be kept
🙋‍♂️