Van body cleaning

Learn about what jobs the YWR need YOUR help with and how to get involved here!
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Van body cleaning

Post by 4008 »

Would you like to become a member of the YWR and get involved with the excitment on site at East Yorkshire's only heritage railway?

We have recently taken delivery of 2 van bodies that are now in need of a good deep clean before restoration in to storage can take place.

If you have some spare time and would like to give this a go, please get in touch on 01377 338053, email info@yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk or post a comment below.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
menticknap
Paid up Member

Re: Van body cleaning

Post by menticknap »

Seems like the rush to clean these van bodies didn't even start.
When we are allowed on site, I will clean them. Give me a pressure washer and I will sort them!
I think it should be done in warmer times though so that the water will not freeze and damage the wood.

Who wants to help me? Come on Chris!
It'll be a wet job. Wellies and speedo's on. :D
Onwards and upwards.
Rail Rover
Finance and Legal Director
Are you human?: No

Post by Rail Rover »

menticknap wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 amIt'll be a wet job. Wellies and speedo's on. :D

Surely requires risk assessing for the potential harm anyone may suffer form seeing such a spectacle :lol:
Phil Robson
Finance and Legal Director
andybat48
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Post by andybat48 »

I will happily help when things pick up. It is too cold at this time of the year though, and right now we here in Hull are not allowed out to do anything other than taking care of immediate business. Yoy stray out of Hull and some dum copper does as he is told and turns you back again. But You could do it Christmas day as at this time anything goes and no-one to stop you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
chalkie
Paid up Member

Post by chalkie »

Rail Rover wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:02 am
menticknap wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 amIt'll be a wet job. Wellies and speedo's on. :D

Surely requires risk assessing for the potential harm anyone may suffer form seeing such a spectacle :lol:
Maffers in budgie smugglers and ray bands washing van bodies just needs a ghetto blaster and some prog rock and we have julys calendar photo
🙋‍♂️
King123
Paid up Member

Post by King123 »

Ed
You surely seem in good Christmas spirit maybe you should offer to help Mathew as a cleaning duo clean the van bodies. :D
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

I don't think we need to be scaring people, do we? :lol: :lol: :lol: