Wetwang was the busiest passenger station on the line. Initially the station had a low platform but this was raised in the 1990s obliterating all evidence of the earlier platform and rendering the door into the station building unusable so it was bricked up. The goods yard was sited on the ‘down’ side of the line and comprised two sidings, one serving coal drops behind the platform and the other serving a loading dock to the east of the station. A lock-up warehouse for parcels was built in 1876. Access to the yard was controlled by a ground frame in a wooden hut on the platform in front of the bricked up doorway.
The stationmaster’s house was enlarged several times during the 19th century making it the biggest on the line. A single storey booking office/waiting room was added to the west end of the building in c.1890, this had an upper storey added after closure.
Our thanks to Nick Catford of the excellent Disused Stations website for permission to reproduce this information.