Wednesday 20th March

Cee19
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Wednesday 20th March

Post by Cee19 »

Alan can’t be on site today. I have assured him we will move all the painting stuff out of the bazaar and into VB near the new cabin. Then we have to move all the boxes of books out of the caravan into the bazaar. This will enable further dismantling of said caravan. He will then set up the bazaar ready for Easter when he’s next on site. Hopefully there will be a few people on site today willing to help? Thanks. Celia
g.89
Paid up Member

Re: Wednesday 20th March

Post by g.89 »

I’m sorry to be missing at such a crucial time but I have always said to volunteers that family comes first. We are approaching the end of our crisis and I hope to return to normal very soon.

The vb near the cab cabin I call VB4 because it was the fourth vb to come to Fimber. It has no floor but there is a pallet in there and possibly some waste wood. I suggest that the pallet is retained but not the waste wood. Please do not remove the sheet material which is useful. It was the floor of the small caravan and some of it has already been put to use. There are a couple of trailer curtains in there and they could be used to cover the floor before placing the items from the bazaar.

When moving the books from the caravan please start with the ones at the north end as these were not in the bazaar last year. The other pile can be moved to the empty room in the cab cabin but take out the worktop pieces first and put them in the bazaar. I had hoped to avoid moving the books around but the caravan must be emptied asap as we approach the Carnaby cabin delivery time.

Thanks for all your hard work and I hope to be back at Fimber at the weekend.
By Alan Cooper
Will_the_tractor
Paid up Member

Post by Will_the_tractor »

Sorry, but I can't be on site to help today
The waste wood that Alan talks about in VB4 is actually the shuttering we used to make the concrete bases for the platform and the CAB cabin. It may well be needed again very shortly for a base for the Carnaby cabin.
Hope you all have a good day.
Cee19
Paid up Member

Post by Cee19 »

A very wet and muddy day on site yet again! Lots done though with the bazaar emptied of the paint shop which was moved to VB 4. Draughty place to work though! I did get another coat of yellow on Patricia’s engine doors. Most of the books were moved to the bazaar ready for Alan to arrange next week. Keith finished fitting the new lights in the coach. Martyn was on site doing more training. Everyone very busy at a whole range of jobs.
Attachments
IMG_1755.jpeg
IMG_1756.jpeg
IMG_1761.jpeg
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Thanks for the report.
Onwards and upwards.
Adrian
Paid up Member

Post by Adrian »

A few other things that were also done:
  • The north facing sign (onto the road) was raised and the 'opening' banner was put up underneath it
  • More work was done on the signal box
  • The surfacing of the disabled parking area was finished off
  • The area where the BT van body is going to be moved to was started to be cleared
  • There was some training taking place with Eddie and the brake van
  • There was some cleaning, both inside and out, of the Mk2, and the electricals were finished off
  • There was some more work on the on the gardening
  • The baskets of insulators were moved from under the caravan into the S&T van body
If anything has been missed then can someone please add it.
g.89
Paid up Member

Post by g.89 »

Sounds like a lot was accomplished despite the awful weather. Well done everyone.
By Alan Cooper
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

Adrian wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:10 pm A few other things that were also done:
  • The north facing sign (onto the road) was raised and the 'opening' banner was put up underneath it
May I ask if the new large banner with white border was also put up at the same time?
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
Adrian
Paid up Member

Post by Adrian »

4008 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:53 pm
Adrian wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:10 pm A few other things that were also done:
May I ask if the new large banner with white border was also put up at the same time?
I helped with the 'opening' banner, as one of the first jobs of the day, and no it wasn't done then, and I don't believe it was done later either.
g.89
Paid up Member

Post by g.89 »

Just to be clear. The north sign already had the new white bordered large sign fitted. Lewis told me that he would change the south banner today but he may not have achieved that for some reason. I think only he would know.
By Alan Cooper