Sprotty Box update

Yvonne1961
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Sprotty Box update

Post by Yvonne1961 »

Ladies & Gents ,

Thought I’d take this opportunity to give you all an update of progress today .
Roger & Steve spent most of the day carrying out internal work in preparation for the fitting of floor boards which will make it possible to start doing vital internal work painting , fitting widows etc .

Myself , Mathew , Alan did our bit , Alan completed the box’s new name boards which we hope to fit within the next few weeks , finally giving the box its identity again , also window frames prepped & undercoated ready for frames .
Box name boards
Box name boards
Attachments
Box name board
Box name board
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Re: Sprotty Box update

Post by 4008 »

Looks amazing!

Thank you.
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
Yvonne1961
Paid up Member

Post by Yvonne1961 »

Just to add once the box is completed I will be looking to nominate the project into the Heritage Railway awards , the H&BRSF made the finals a few years ago , so I reckon we have a great chance with Sprotty box , if that’s ok with the YWR?
g.89
Paid up Member

Post by g.89 »

Really good to see this post from the Sprotborough box team. They just get on with the job and often we don’t really know how they are getting on. We know they are a great team, talented and skilled. Can we have more posts about this wonderful project please?
By Alan Cooper
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Yvonne1961 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:20 pm Just to add once the box is completed I will be looking to nominate the project into the Heritage Railway awards , the H&BRSF made the finals a few years ago , so I reckon we have a great chance with Sprotty box , if that’s ok with the YWR?
A brilliant idea! Crack on in my opinion.
Onwards and upwards.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

I will add to Alan's comment that more up-to-date postings and photos will help promote the box. We have visits to others and it would make these talks more interesting if we had pictures of the box as it currently is at present. The last photo's I have was when the roof was being covered before the tiles were fitted.
chalkie
Paid up Member

Post by chalkie »

The box team are mindful of everyone wanting to know how they are getting along, it has been mentioned that we should be more forward with updates within the group. However having the Scaffolding still wrapped round doesn't help everyone see the full quality of the work that has been done.

We are starting to fit the windows and a temporary floor has gone in to help with this, you can also see the nameboards are close to being finished.

The frame is still a WIP and being progressed wurh some leavers off site for blasting at Gate services
🙋‍♂️
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

Am I right there is a Fimber South (or similar) going on one end?
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

4008 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:35 am Am I right there is a Fimber South (or similar) going on one end?
Yes, Defo!
Onwards and upwards.
chalkie
Paid up Member

Post by chalkie »

4008 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:35 am Am I right there is a Fimber South (or similar) going on one end?
At some point a conversation on interpretation needs to be had
Sprotbrough
New Holland
And maybe tie in the signalling system and box at tge old Sledmere and fimber Station
Attachments
Screenshot_20240301-112538_Facebook.jpg
🙋‍♂️