Little Weighton Vintage Steam Rally

This area has been created for any newcomers to 'have a go' and introduce themselves. Once you are happy posting messages/replies in here feel free to join in elsewhere.
g.89
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Re: Little Weighton Vintage Steam Rally

Post by g.89 »

I am on holiday in sunny Norfolk Andy!
By Alan Cooper
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

I know you are away Alan. I love Norfolk, my mother and her father were from Norwich. It is a while now since I have been in that direction.
Last edited by andybat48 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

Hiya Celia. You tell me which of the two you want as I am still putting the team together at the moment, thank you.
Cee19
Paid up Member

Post by Cee19 »

I’ll say Saturday then but if it turns out you need me on Sunday instead that’s fine by me. What time do I need to be there please? Plus exactly where it is! Thanks
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

Little Weighton steam rally is getting dangerously close. I have 4 confirmed volunteers, but I still need at least three more to make it happen. Please can you help to make this happen? People complain that not enough is being done to raise funds, so this is your chance to help raise funds.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

A big thank you to my team today at Little Weighton. We had a cracking day and made quite a bit of money £170.20 After float in money tin was sorted. I don't know what was in the money bag, but it was hot later on, a bit cloudy at first, but I think it is fair to say, we all had a good time. I had Philip who does the Bazar, Ian Coulson, Will the Tractor, Celia, Margaret and I must not forget Graham. I have been to B&M and stocked up with some goodies and drinks for the tubes as we were running out. So I am now ready for tomorrow, I have Philip Again and a newcomer in the guise of Paul. If we have as good a day tomorrow then I will be delighted with this event. I had a feeling for this was one of my haunts rallying Stationary engines. There is something about smoke from traction engines that I love so much.
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

Sounds like a great day Andy! Thanks to all.
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
g.89
Paid up Member

Post by g.89 »

How did Sunday go?
By Alan Cooper
Turnip Town
Infrastructure Director/Secretary/Treasurer

Post by Turnip Town »

Well done to all concerned in raising vital funds and publicising the railway :)
Ivan Merino
Infrastructure Director/Treasurer
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

Sunday was just as hectic as was Saturday, well for us that is, the guy next to us had it rather quiet for some reason. He is a nice guy. He had some cat toys a £1 for 3 I got a couple of quids worth and he threw the rest of the stock in for free. So you had better have some mouse bait ready for the show trailer Alan. It is full of the pesky little critters :lol: :lol: :lol: We made £184 minus £40 for shopping exposes to keep your rather popular choobs going. You scored a good guy in Paul, he is one hell of a showman, as well as a nice guy. He was able to get money out of people that were otherwise just going to pass on by. Our late friend, Richard Broadly was honoured to. His son was at the rally, I thought it was his ghost he is that much like him, and another of his female relatives was there too. The weekend was so much of a success that we made £335.50. Celia has some photos of Saturday's show and she passed them on to Mathew who wants either Celia or myself to do a piece for the Magazine, but I think it would be good for all or at least most of us to contribute to it.