Members Day - 29 December 2022

Information, dates and times of events and open days at our visitor centre at Fimber.
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Members Day - 29 December 2022

Post by 4008 »

Our annual members day will once again be held on site with a fish and chips run to give everyone a break from the festive fayre!

We ask that those wanting fish and chips to please be on site by and have your order to us in by 11 so we have time to collate them.

Open from 10-3, all the site facilities including the visitor centre and tea and coffee will be in operation along with FREE cab rides* to members (as part of their membership). There will also be a limited number of driver experiences* (for £15) available (*subject to availability).

Don't forget that we will also be making the Grand Draw, and as a special treat hope to be able to give visits to the signal box that is taking shape at the end of field 2. 

A visit will also give a great opportunity to see first hand the impressive changes to the brake van, and the ongoing work on Patricia.

All in all, its set to be a very exciting day!

Not a member? No problem - you can join on the day!
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
Dogmad12
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Re: Members Day - 29 December 2022

Post by Dogmad12 »

Whilst visiting on members day, call into the shop and see the updates we’ve done. There will be drinks and to keep out the cold we have hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream if that’s your tipple! You’ll definitely get a warm welcome from the volunteers.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

I am looking forward to it and getting to learning more about tilly version 2. What I will do is get the, make and model number and see if I can find a downloadable manual for it unless John has one already.
jael
Charities Director
Are you human?: No

Post by jael »

There is a manual and dvd in the file in the office. Also if you press the right button it prints out instructions on the till roll.
John Lidster
Charities Director
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

Thank you for this info, John. I will have a look at it on members' day as we do need to know how the till roll is supposed to work as all we got from the till roll last weekend was the total when we switched to Z reading.
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Grand day today if a little cold up on that platform all day.
I believe we had 50 visitors.
Busy on the loco after fish and chips in the Mk2.
Onwards and upwards.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

It was a literally cool day in every sense of the word, but every sense of the word. I am looking forwards to next season.
GeoffPickering
Paid up Member

Post by GeoffPickering »

Grand Draw - Outcome

The Grand Draw was drawn after lunch at members day. The final sale of tickets being made 2 minutes before the Draw took place. The prize winners are being notified (2 down, 1 to go).
The final sales total was 1827 tickets. This means that after costs, the Patricia fund benefited through 2022 by just over £1600. This is a magnificent effort and thanks goes to all those who participated in buying and selling tickets.
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

It just goes to show that with a bit of pushing, ticket sales have increased with a result of lots of money to Pat!
Well done all!

Next year......loco shed?
Onwards and upwards.
chalkie
Paid up Member

Post by chalkie »

menticknap wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:55 pm It just goes to show that with a bit of pushing, ticket sales have increased with a result of lots of money to Pat!
Well done all!

Next year......loco shed?
I would agree, maybe increase the value of prizes, or blag a decent experience as main prize and lets start a big push on sll fronts to build covered workspace for Pat and friends 😉
Attachments
The retired fundraising Director does the honors of selecting the winning ticket with Geoff who ran the Draw, thanks to all
The retired fundraising Director does the honors of selecting the winning ticket with Geoff who ran the Draw, thanks to all
🙋‍♂️