look what i found today

Somewhere to discuss existing or historical buildings/structures etc on the line
dodger
Are you human?: No

look what i found today

Post by dodger »

look what i found today near sledmere :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bondystuff/5204226647/
Richard Bond - willing volunteer
AlanL

Re: look what i found today

Post by AlanL »

Nice shot- it's a standard pattern NER crossing gate, almost certainly from Wetwang Green Lane. If the fittings are cast steel they may have NER markings on them.It's in surprisingly good condition for it's age.
dodger

Post by dodger »

AlanL wrote:Nice shot- it's a standard pattern NER crossing gate, almost certainly from Wetwang Green Lane. If the fittings are cast steel they may have NER markings on them.It's in surprisingly good condition for it's age.
As can be seen the fittings are very rusty and it was a very wet muddy field so could not get close enough to examine it but next time im passing (and its dry) i will check :D
Richard Bond - willing volunteer
AndyB
Paid up Member

Post by AndyB »

If that is the one that is along a short muddy track off the main B1248 road, I glanced down there as I went passed about about two weeks ago, thought about having a look, but didn't want to venture into the mud without my wellies!
MikeE
Paid up Member

Post by MikeE »

There are quite a few of these gates surviving along the route (you can see one behind Fimber Grange and another above bridge 19) they are not the crossing gates from Wetwang Green Lane, my photographs clearly show they are the standard type of level crossing gate painted white with gate lamps on the top rail, I have tried to find a way of attaching the pictures to this reply but the facility doesnt seem to be available anymore.
AlanL

Post by AlanL »

Yes it is Mike. When you Reply there are 2 Tabs under the Reply box - "Options" and "Upload Attachment". Select the latter then "Choose The File" then "Add The File" and that's it. 8-)
MikeE
Paid up Member

Post by MikeE »

Thanks Alan, dont understand why but those tabs were not there last time, must have been a blip.
Attachments
M & D file 045.jpg
MikeE
Paid up Member

Post by MikeE »

Gate near bridge 19
Attachments
544.jpg
AlanL

Post by AlanL »

Great photo Mike but why have you hidden it from us? :lol:
MikeE
Paid up Member

Post by MikeE »

I reckoned you must have seen all these before,it must have slipped through the net,dont know what the initials on the casting mean, any ideas??
Attachments
545.jpg