Calling all volunteers!

Membership, Media and Archive Director

Calling all volunteers!

Post by 4008 »

The YWR is a totally volunteer run railway and we rely on the support of people and their time to continue making the railway the success that it is.

The YWR is open to the public every Sunday and bank holiday from 21 April until 29 September. Each open day requires a team of 5 people to run the site. These are:

Operations Manager
Driver
2nd Man (to assist the driver)
Visitor Liaison (manning the coach and explaining the history of the YWR and Malton and Driffield Junction railway to visitors)
Retail assistant (working in our well equipped shop in a converted railway van)

We are constantly on the look out for volunteers to step forward to assist on these days.

Please have a look at our rota for 2019 and see if you are free on any of the shown dates to assist. If you are and would like to get involed, please get in touch by leaving a comment below or by calling 01377 338053 so we can talk you through the joining and training process!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
AndyB
Paid up Member
Are you human?: No

Re: Calling all volunteers!

Post by AndyB »

How does one become an Administrator for the YWR Facebook forum?
I would like to post some regular technical and historical stuff in order to try and interest and attract some new volunteers that have previous heritage railway experience.

Andy
dave92220
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Post by dave92220 »

Andy,

Let me have a look for you

Dave
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

That sounds superb Andy, thank you!
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

I would like to put a shout out to potential volunteers for our open days. It would be awful if we couldn't open because of the lack of helpers.
This year is the start if something big on our railway. Come and join us and be part of our fuhure!
Onwards and upwards.
cowlamprincess
Business Development Director
Are you human?: Yes

Post by cowlamprincess »

menticknap wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:30 am I would like to put a shout out to potential volunteers for our open days. It would be awful if we couldn't open because of the lack of helpers.
This year is the start if something big on our railway. Come and join us and be part of our future!
Are you available at all, Matthew? There are plenty of empty spaces for shop and 2nd man. :)
Katy Bowser
Business Development Director
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

I'm on Pway this Saturday and therefore cannot do Sunday.
I'm not qualified as second man by the way and really dislike doing the shop. That's why I do the coach.
Onwards and upwards.