Work in Progress

andybat48
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Re: Work in Progress

Post by andybat48 »

It is nice to see more up-to-date photos of the box, thank you.
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

We finished off the North end of the track today lowering it to ground level for ease of loadind and offloading.
Parking area leveled and fence relocated.
The platform was painted with non slip paint and soggy areas filled with road plainings.
Attachments
20240330_153123.jpg
20240330_145546.jpg
Onwards and upwards.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

It looks nice now Matthew.
Turnip Town
Infrastructure Director/Secretary/Treasurer

Post by Turnip Town »

Good work people :)
Ivan Merino
Infrastructure Director/Treasurer
g.89
Paid up Member

Post by g.89 »

Today Saturday 13th April, saw a few volunteers working hard on two major projects.

Beth and I tackled the large amount of waste wood that has piled up on the caravan chassis in the process of dismantling it for scrap. This exercise has been going on for several weeks as the caravan was taken apart very carefully to minimise the impact on the environment. We had a stroke of luck when we found out that whist polystyrene had been used to insulate it, it had not been bonded to the metal panels and therefore no small pieces were allowed to pollute the area as we took it out. This polystyrene was then recycled.

The wood we dealt with today could not be used in construction again due to the high number of nails, staples and the odd few screws in it. Therefore I have cut it all up using the radial arm saw and boxed it. Those volunteers who have wood burners and open fires and who don’t mind the fixings can help themselves to a box or two.
Efore we started
Efore we started
When we finished today
When we finished today
Choose a box
Choose a box

Other volunteers were tackling VB 4 which is finally being refurbished with a view to using it for storage. See next post for photos
By Alan Cooper
g.89
Paid up Member

Post by g.89 »

IMG_2321.jpeg
IMG_2322.jpeg
IMG_2320.jpeg
By Alan Cooper
King123
Paid up Member

Post by King123 »

Wel done everyone VB 4 is starting to look a lot better and getting some much need tlc. It was looks a lot better with new paint . And not forgetting the caravan removal work it won’t be long now before it’s gone for good now hurray!
I would have come down today but have been at the Thirsk auction, to be honest it was poor and some ways wish I hadn’t gone . But saying that I got an item of another mate , so that made my day.