2022 Visitor Season.

Turnip Town
Infrastructure Director/Secretary/Treasurer

2022 Visitor Season.

Post by Turnip Town »

Was good to be back open again yesterday and with excellent weather.

Ian and George worked continuously on the footplate of 5576 with one cab ride after another being given along with a driver experience during the day. The new refreshments marquee went down well with visitors making much use of it whilst Philip once again staffed the bazar and saw plenty of visitors looking for a bargain.

We hosted a couple of gentlemen who wanted a closer look at Patricia whilst the car park was close to full a lot of the time - a nice problem to have.

The railway took just over £730 during the day, including 8 new adult members, with visitor numbers hitting 140 so a big well done and thank you to all YWR members and volunteers, on the day and during working party days, that made this possible.

Hopefully, today will see a good turn out also and make an excellent start to the 2022 visitor season ! :)
Attachments
The badgemaking table saw plenty of interest !
The badgemaking table saw plenty of interest !
DSC00470.JPG
Younger visitors enthusiastic for their cab rides !
Younger visitors enthusiastic for their cab rides !
Last edited by Turnip Town on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan Merino
Infrastructure Director/Treasurer
Turnip Town
Infrastructure Director/Secretary/Treasurer

Re: 2022 Visitor Season.

Post by Turnip Town »

One or two more.....
Attachments
Katy hosting the badgemaking table and using her sign language skills with some of our hearing impaired visitors.
Katy hosting the badgemaking table and using her sign language skills with some of our hearing impaired visitors.
Visitors enjoying their loco cab rides.
Visitors enjoying their loco cab rides.
The car park was well filled.
The car park was well filled.
Ivan Merino
Infrastructure Director/Treasurer
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

A great result Ivan. Thanks for posting the update and thanks to everyone who made it a reality!
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Yes. Thanks for the update.
We popped in and could tell it was busy.
We also visited Sledmere Hall prior to YWR and could tell by the amount of cars it was busy.
Coffee was good, ride was great.
Just one thing, I think maybe there should be a change around of artifacts in the coach. I see there is a new cabinet which is good.
Perhaps the video should be started by a button with a couple of chairs and perhaps relocate it somewhere else? Just my view.
Onwards and upwards.
GREYTEXPECTATIONS
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Post by GREYTEXPECTATIONS »

What a fab start to the season :)
Well done to all involved.
Rail Rover
Finance and Legal Director
Are you human?: No

Post by Rail Rover »

What a fantastic day - thank-you to everyone who helped before & of course the volunteers on the day.

It was Easter holidays but hopefully a good omen for the 2022 season.
Phil Robson
Finance and Legal Director
King123
Paid up Member

Post by King123 »

Brilliant result and a really good start to the season! I was talking to Andy whilst he was doing the flower / garden bed. And we both commented on how full the car park was .
And not many spare parking spaces , well done everyone.
andybat48
Paid up Member

Post by andybat48 »

The way the car park had filled up on Sunday, I was half expecting to have to start parking them on the grass on the roadside. It was pretty much like that till around 3 pm and then slowly fizzled out, but even as 4 pm came and went, they were still coming in. The till was nearly counted and Mo had to start counting again as more money was spent. We all had a great day, both staff and punters alike. I think a big thank you is well deserved. Mo kept us all happy with refreshments. Thank you, Mo, from me. And thank you Phil for putting on a good shopping experience in the Bazar. It is well laid out this year, with plenty of room to browse without have to breath in. Thank you Katherine for being a graceful shopkeeper as ever. We are just one big happy family, and this is what makes me want to keep a coming back for more.
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Just one thing about the bazaar, the way the books are stacked makes it difficult to see what they are are get out.
Onwards and upwards.