Model Railway Exhibition - 16 March 2019

Turnip Town
Infrastructure Director/Secretary/Treasurer

Re: Model Railway Exhibition - 16 March 2019

Post by Turnip Town »

Hello All,

Just as a follow-up to yesterday's excellent show, the Yorkshire Wolds Railway took just over £1,880 including a new membership. I also had a new membership application via Paypal when I checked my e-mail last night and two renewals. Profit after costs is provisionally £1,630.

Well done to all concerned including exhibitors and visitors ! :)

Ivan Merino

Treasurer.
Last edited by Turnip Town on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan Merino
Infrastructure Director/Treasurer
lady anorak 12
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Post by lady anorak 12 »

All of us from the DVLR enjoyed our day, it’s was amazing how many visitors there were to say it’s only the 2nd year of holding the event. Hope it will continue to be a great success for the railway.
Glynnis Frith
cowlamprincess
Business Development Director

Post by cowlamprincess »

A huge thank you to everyone concerned for making the Model Railway Show such a fantastic success. Exhibitors, volunteers and visitors alike, you have all helped to persuade me to start thinking about making it bigger and better for next year!!

A couple of amazing facts, visitor numbers were up by 50% and profits by over 60%

This is incredible for our second year, what an amazing team we had. If we can pull together like this on other events, the sky is the limit for our little railway!!

Teamwork makes the dream work :)
Katy Bowser
Business Development Director
lady anorak 12
Paid up Member

Post by lady anorak 12 »

cowlamprincess wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm A huge thank you to everyone concerned for making the Model Railway Show such a fantastic success. Exhibitors, volunteers and visitors alike, you have all helped to persuade me to start thinking about making it bigger and better for next year!!

A couple of amazing facts, visitor numbers were up by 50% and profits by over 60%

This is incredible for our second year, what an amazing team we had. If we can pull together like this on other events, the sky is the limit for our little railway!!

Teamwork makes the dream work :)
You’ve all got a lot to be proud of it was a great event, pleased to hear the amazing facts we thought there were more visitors than last year which is great.
Glynnis Frith
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Just a thought....
Could some photos and a little write up be put on the website? It's a week after the event and the website is still advertising it.
While this is all together, is it too late to send to papers and magazines?
Onwards and upwards.
Membership, Media and Archive Director

Post by 4008 »

Hello Matthew, thank you for your comments.

I have been away with work recently, but now updated the site to remove the model railway show from the events page. I am sure that Katy will be doing a report on the show for inclusion in the next newsletter. A small write up was also in the Driffield and Wolds Weekly last week.
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
menticknap
Paid up Member

Post by menticknap »

Smashing. I knew you all would be on the ball!
Onwards and upwards.