It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:18 am Advanced search

Work in Progress

Re: Work in Progress

Postby g.89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Remember the small caravan? It's become too small for the growing team of volunteers and it has been decided to let it go to the great caravan park in the sky! However, I have secured a stay of execution and the Wednesdayites have stripped out the interior so that it can be used as a temporary paint shop. We have some small items that have been living out in the open that require preparation and painting. This has been almost impossible because of late they have been permanently wet! Or covered in snow etc etc. They can now be brought 'indoors' and given their treatment before returning to their positions nicely painted.

P1120067.jpg
The re-railers and small scales are the first to use the new paint shop
P1120068.jpg
Enough room for more items such as the planters

The small van should be gone before we open. Ideas for disposal?
Give it to the army for target practice?
Any other ideas please feel free.
By Alan Cooper
g.89
Paid up Member

Postby donnyrover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:15 pm

My idea would be to remove all of the outer bodywork entirely, and woodwork inside right down to chassis level, leaving the floor intact on the chassis, we could then use the caravan chassis as a versatile trailer capable of moving large, heavy items around the site by any vehicle with a tow bar. No doubt if necassary we could get the electrics up and running easily which would give us an on road trailer too.
Brian B.
donnyrover
Paid up Member

Postby g.89 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:31 am

It makes sense Brian and the thought had crossed my mind. The problem is I think, storing it on site. It would take up the same amount of room as now and be only slightly less of an eyesore. What do others think, especially board members?
By Alan Cooper
g.89
Paid up Member

Postby 4008 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:08 am

Hmmmm, the trailer idea is an interesting one!
Matthew Brown
Membership, Media and Archive

Previous

Return to The Project