Wangfest!

Membership, Media and Archive Director

Wangfest!

Post by 4008 »

In our ongoing attempts to raise funds in different and exciting ways, we are putting on a music concert! Featuring local bands Chapter Four, Kubo Loco, Amber Warren, and Ollie Smith and the Black Bucks the event is set to be an wonderful evening of great live music!

We are really grateful to all the bands, the venue, local brewers Wold Top, and the people who have already bought tickets which are selling really well – it’s going to be a great night!

Wangfest is being held at Wetwang Village Hall on Saturday 22 October from 6 - 11.30pm. Refreshments including Wold Top Beer will be available to purchase. Tickets are priced at £10 each are on sale now by contacting 01377 338053 or emailing katy@yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk

You can read more about Wangfest and download a poster here: http://www.yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk ... 2-october/
Matthew Brown
Member/Media/Archive Director
Rail Rover
Finance and Legal Director
Are you human?: No

Re: Wangfest!

Post by Rail Rover »

Just got back from Wangfest - excellent night with great music!

Thank-you to Katy & her team for organising it. We're now looking forward to next year's!!

Phil & Karen.
Phil Robson
Finance and Legal Director
Turnip Town
Infrastructure Director/Secretary/Treasurer

Post by Turnip Town »

A pic from last night, please excuse the image quality!
Attachments
Wang Low Res 1.jpg
Ivan Merino
Infrastructure Director/Treasurer
cowlamprincess
Business Development Director
Are you human?: Yes

Post by cowlamprincess »

Thank you to everyone that came to Wangfest last night. It was a shame that we didn't have more people there, but the music was fantastic. As some of you know, we were let down at the very last minute, by one of the bands, so the other acts very kindly stepped up and stretched their sets, so we still had a great evening. Extra special thanks to them!!
I think I am right in saying that everyone who attended had a good time sampled the refreshments sang and danced and generally enjoyed themselves.
I have had great feedback from the artists, and all of them would be happy to return next year!!

There has been some very positive feedback on Facebook from happy attendees, and also from the artists themselves, and thank you Phil and Karen, I am so glad you enjoyed it.

Matthew, if I provide you with their details, can we send all the artists, the chefs and the security lady a letter of thanks please?

Until next year and Wangfest, the Return...........................
Katy Bowser
Business Development Director
g.89
Paid up Member
Are you human?: Yes

Post by g.89 »

Well done Katy I hope it was as great a financial success as it clearly was as an event. If I were 20yrs younger I may have been there but my Levi's wore out years ago :lol:
By Alan Cooper