Our Race Nights have proved to be very popular so we are planning to hold them twice a year – roughly March and October.
The first one this year will be Fri March 18th at a new venue: The Bluebell at Driffield.
The Bluebell is at the River Head, just round the corner from the Station.
The bar will be open so please don’t brink your own drinks this time!
Doors open from 7.15pm with the first race starting around 7.45 p.m. The evening usually lasts until around 10 to 10.30 pm.
As usual, there are 64 horses to be bought in advance still just £4 each.
Horse numbers will be allocated at random and displayed before the event starts on the night.
We have no idea how the horses will perform on the night – this is handled by the independent compere.
There will be (at least) 8 races on the night and we are looking for sponsors for each race.
The cost of sponsoring a race is £25.
The race will be named after you or your company and promoted during the evening. You may also provide us with your company’s promotional material to display.
The event will run as follows:
– each race will be shown on the big screen
– attendees can bet on as many or as few horses as they fancy – stakes are in £1 increments
– odds and winning amounts are managed by the compère (RNPromotions)
– in each race the owner of the winning horse will receive £8
– people who buy a horse and cannot make the race on the night will still receive the prize if their horse wins – please leave a contact number so we can notify you
– there may be an extra race at the end of the evening for which the horses will be auctioned among those present
Entry on the night is Free for all.
Watch the thrill of the race unfold from the comfort of your chair.
The Race Night is a great evening’s entertainment – come and join in!
To buy one or more horses contact email@example.com, or phone 01377 338053 and leave a message.
You can download a poster for the event here